As soon as the fire broke out, the police officials along with the Forked River Fire Department reached the site (1318 Norwood Drive).
After noticing the smoke from the roof top, the Fire department has break into the home to try and extinguish the fire.
No one suffered any burns because there was no person in the home. However there was a dog in the home which was rescued by the fire-fighters.
The officials said the reason behind the fire is the laptop which was placed on top of the stove.
The investigation is being done by Ocean County Fire Marshal. The officials is said to be of the opinion that the dog that was in the house has accidentally turned the stove on resulting in fire.