There are more than 2 million apps in existence today in both Google and Apple app stores. However, of these 10 apps are the most oft downloaded in comparison to others. This fact was highlighted by a recent study by ComScore which ranks them and also picks out the most favorite apps which are heavily used.
The top 10 Mobile apps according to ComScore report are as follows-
- Facebook- It is by far the most often used app and is used by over 115 million users every month.
- The second slot is filled by the Google owned You Tube which brings to its users the latest music videos and viral speakers to your smartphone. It has a total 83.4 million users.
- The third position is once again a Google product, the Google play app. It is the platform from where most Android phone users get their new apps. It has 72 million users monthly. Android phones account for 85% of smartphones worldwide.
- The Google search app is also very important on Android phones and has 70 million users.
- The world’s largest radio station, Pandora with 69 million listeners is the world’s largest Radio Station
- Google Maps which makes it very difficult to get lost and boasts 64.5 million monthly users.
- Gmail apps, one of the most preferred app over native mail apps on phones and the reason? It is much easier to insert attachments and files from Google Drive directly. Some 60 million folks use the Gmail app monthly.
- Instagram were 60 million pictures are uploaded every day, is the world’s most accepted photo sharing app and has 46.6 million users monthly.
- Apple Maps Once derided as a poor alternative to Google maps has 42 million users monthly.
- Another app which also has 42 million users is the Yahoo Finance app and is now better than before and also easier to navigate, so they say but the 42 million users are not dumb if it is not true.
Another interesting point which the ComScore study revealed was 65.5% of U.S. smartphone users fail to download any new apps each month. Although the US users are using more apps, only a third of these try out a new app and the remaining third download an average of three apps in a month.