With the announcement of the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iWatch and Apple Pay mobile payments platform, Apple also seeded the Golden Master version of iOS 8 to developers and also enabled users to seed GM even without a developer account,
iOS 8 Golden Master features fifteen new stock wallpapers in total. Graphic designer Jason Zigrino and Apple blogger Benjamin Tourin paired up and released those 15 new wallpapers straight from GM. Here’s the link.
The announcement of release of new iOS—the iOS 8 was made last week at a press conference. Apple announced that iOS 8 will be available for download on Sept. 17, from 1 p.m. ET. Back in 2013, the iOS 7 was made publicly available on September 18th.
The new software version will be a free update for existing iOS device users, with added functionalities like Health, Continuity, iCloud Drive, Handoff, QuickType, smart photo albums, black and white photo adjustments, time lapse photography, timer mode and Notification Center widgets.
iOS 8 will be available as an over-the-air (OTA) update, or through the desktop iTunes application( the latest version required).
1) Device capability:
The models that are compatible with the iOS 8 update are iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 4s, | iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina Display | iPod touch (5th gen).
2) Latest iOs: Your device must be running iOS 7.1.2.
3) Updated Application: To make it easier to get most out of the apps.
4) Space Available: The iOs required a space of 700 MB, so one can predict the storage required for the new update. So better get rid of useless and unnecessary apps like iCloud. To check the available space, Go to Settings > General > Usage down the list.
5) Back Up- To back up to iCloud, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup. To back up to iTunes, “This computer”, then click the “Back Up Now.”
6) Safe SHSH Blobs- SHSH Blobs are the bit of code used by iOS uses to prevent an iOS device from installing an older version of the operating system.