The new sanctions imposed to North Korea by the United States, for the Sony cyber attack, are described as a hostile and aggressive U.S. policy. More over, North Korea warns the US with military force and nuclear weapons.
After the FBI accused North Korea for the cyber attack, the United States, sanctioned three North Korean organisations and 10 persons.
Even though, the movie released by Sony, was portraying two American journalists planning to assassinate Kim Jong, North Korea denied any involvement in the hacking.
When the attack happened, Sony cancelled the release of the move, but after they decided to release the movie online and in certain cinemas.
The sanctions imposed by the United States on Friday, is the first attempt of the US to punish another country for cyber attacking an American company. Officials from the White House, told reporters that the action was in response to the Sony hacking, but the targets of sanctions were not involved directly in the attack.
The Korean news agency KCNA, responded by quoting a spokesman of the foreign ministry.
“The policy persistently pursued by the US to stifle the DPRK [North Korea], groundlessly stirring up bad blood towards it, would only harden its will and resolution to defend the sovereignty of the country.”
He also said that the persistent actions taken by the US, only proves how much hostility the White House has against North Korea.
North Korea stated that the accusations of being involved in the Sony attack, are absurd which is also doubted by cyber experts from the West. Also that, the sanctions imposed, might turn against the US, as it only encourages North Korea to improve its military force and referred also to its nuclear arsenal.
North Korea has blamed the United States for the national internet shut down the country faced some days ago, but the US hasn’t commented on that.
According to BBC, the names included in the US sanctions are:
- North Korea’s main weapons dealer, the Korea Mining Development Corporation(KOMID)
- North Korea’s intelligence organisation, The reconnaissance General Burea
- The corporation Korea Tangun Trading, supports North Korea’s defence research
- Kim Jong Chol, a government official who is believed to be a representative of KOMID in Iran
- Jang Song Chol, a government official,believed to be a KOMID representative in Russia
- Ryu Jin and Kang Ryong, whom according to US are both KOMID officials in Syria
Image Source: The Telegraph